Wow! I have a new X5 again. I can't believe that a $30 part was causing so many issues for my X5. When I got the car back from the mechanic I immediately hit the gas and put it to the test. Very little to no hesitation after the first punch of the gas. Then the first test was a stop light. No stalling and no check engine light. Success! Engine just went back to a nice and easy idle without coughing or erupting like a volcano. The hesitation issue was gone as the X5 is receiving the proper air mixture. The issue the mechanic found was a one inch crack in the small rubber tube on the air intake. He believes it was an age factor as my car is a 2001 with 97,000 miles. What a huge improvement. I don't recall the car responding like this in a very long time. Many owners complain about a delay or sluggish start for the X5. I wonder if this crack in the air intake is a common problem and would help solve many air issues for the X5. I am thrilled that I have my old/new vehicle back. Now, if it can just hold on a bit longer for our summer road trip. San Francisco to Las Vegas and then to Disneyland and back to San Francisco.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments
Post a Comment